A Water Maker for Extreme Conditions Born out of the need for a rugged, reliable watermaker with the ability to produce water on demand for the larger crew of ocean racing yachts, the Cape Horn Extreme has seen service on many of the ultra competitive racing yachts of today's well known ocean races.
The versatility and reliability of twin feed pumps ensure maximum output at minimum power consumption, and the lightweight, modular design allows the unit to be installed quickly and easily.
- Water Production: - Output with 77 degree f/25 degree c Seawater: 336 Gallons per Day/14 per Hour - Rated at 77 degree F (25 degree C) Seawater Temperature at 35,000 PPM Dissolved Solids +/-15%
- Power Requirements: - Pump Horsepower: 1/8 each - Watt/Hr per Gallon: 16 - Amp/Hr per Gallon (12Vdc): 1.3 - Current Draw: 18 Amps (12Vdc) 9 Amps (24Vdc)
- System Total Weight (Dry): - Cape Horn Xtreme: 65 LB (29.5 kilos) About the same as 8 gallons (24 liters) of fresh water!
- The Cape Horn Extreme system includes:
- Seawater strainer - Pre-filter housing with 5 micron filter element - 2 feed water pumps with heat sink and cooling fans - Composite Spectra High Pressure Pump - One 40 inch high rejection/high yield spiral wound reverse osmosis membrane and Spectra free flow ultra efficient high pressure vessel assembly - Spectra Pump and membrane housing mounted and plumbed together with mounting brackets - Accumulator - Manual fresh water flush system with 3-way valve for cleaning and flushing procedures, charcoal filter and housing - 25 ft. 3/4 suction hose - 25 ft. 5/8 inch reinforced sea water hose - 25 ft. LP product tubing - Instrument panel with feed water pressure gauge and product flow meter - Hand-held salinity monitor - All required tube fittings and hose clamps - One SC-1 storage chemical - Complete installation and operation manual - Warranty registration card